My last day off was a week ago Tuesday and I won't get a day off until this weekend, on Sunday. No wonder I'm feeling so tired! I'm anxiously awaiting next week Friday when I won't have to go back to my first job! They wanted me to give a two week notice, to my dismay, and have/are taking advantage of me this week and next - which is making it worse to even face going in. When I've not been working at one job, I've been at the other and any extra hours I have outside of that, I've been running. I did get in to see the chiropractor on Tuesday and she did find some of my hamstring muscles "glued" together and worked on separating them. No wonder they were feeling so tired and tight. Besides, when they're stuck together, they act as a single muscle and not two like they should which gives me 1/2 the power I should have. Upon getting home, my quads began to feel tight now that my hamstrings got loosened up. I made an appointment to go back this coming Tuesday, but just realized, my first job just changed the schedule so now I'm supposed to work on Tuesday which overlaps my home depot schedule too. The chiropractor had another talk on Tuesday night that I went to. We went over a lot of "running specific" exercises to do to work on the typical weak muscles runners tend to have. I was pretty sore Wednesday....
Jeremy was off Sunday afternoon to Toronto again for a meeting. Thankfully it was only overnight and he made it back fairly early Monday evening. Also, thanks to Kharren for coming over and taking Hayde for a few walks. She took her out Monday for a 2 hour walk and Wednesday for an hour walk. That allowed me to get some biking in. Jeremy's had to take her out in the evenings a few times too while I'm at my running club or out for a longer run. Now that it's gotten a bit warmer, Hayde can overheat much quicker than I will so I don't like to take her out too long. We did manage to hit the mid/upper 80s on Monday! I couldn't believe it. I took my bike out into the backyard on it's trainer for my workout that day.
We did make it to the Petawawa Outdoors Sportsmen show last weekend. It wasn't nearly at big or as exciting as the one we went to in Ottawa, but we did find a vendor selling mosquito netting head nets and jackets. Jeremy had looked for something like this the other summer and now we at least know where we can find something like this. We did get two head nets.
We're still trying to find a time to even look for a vehicle. It's been hard as I usually only have evenings free after 9pm and we're both up early each day by 6am or 6:30am and I've been working every Saturday and Sunday is solely dedicated to running. I have my last LONG run this Sunday and I'm hoping to hit somewhere between 20-22 miles. THEN I can finally start tapering for the next three weeks prior to my race. What a relief! Jeremy will be off to Tokyo next week Friday for 8 days and my parents should be heading up by the time he's back to stay for a week and before we'll know it, it will be June! We're also planning on seeing my sister, Bob and Jack since they'll be in New York at Bob's camp for a week at the end of May and it coincides with my marathon in Ottawa so we'll only be about a 3 hr drive away. We'll drive over after my marathon on Sunday and stay until Tuesday with them. I'm excited to get to see Jack again! Must wrap this up as I have a endless list of things to do and Kharren wants me to come over to babysit Khartem so she can get some housework done before I have to head into work for the afternoon/night. Is there anytime to sit down? Oh, our grass is getting greener and buds are finally starting to come out on the trees! :)
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment