Monday, October 20, 2008

Raspberry Wine

We did manage to start our raspberry wine yesterday. It started as such a nice red raspberry color, but as we added some of the ingredients, it turned more of an orange red. Looks like this will take about 2-3 months so maybe by X-mas/New Year's we'll have something to toast with, assuming it's drinkable.

I got my down comforter out last night and stayed nice and toasty overnight. However, it's looking like our temps will be slowly dropping this week. Wed looks like we'll have a high of 37 with maybe some snow tomorrow? HOPEFULLY, our heat will be working by then, otherwise, I may just have to stay in bed to keep warm. Kitty and Stewart were feeling it last night since they both ended up snuggling on the couch with me in my down throw and Stewart never cuddles. Hopefully I can warm the house up a little as I make chili today and some more soft pretzels.

Oh, I've been typing this listening to booms and bangs that must be from some canon-type of gun coming from the base somewhere. How interesting...

No comments: