Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snow

Turns out the weather people were wrong. Imagine that! I think the system moved slower than they thought and the majority of it stayed east of Ottawa, but I think came down as rain all day until it cooled off at night. I know Ottawa got it harder with snow so we'll have to figure out how the weather systems move here. Ottawa's only about 2 hrs away. Tuesday stayed mostly cloudy all day and the wind picked up, but no snow. By the time Jeremy took Hayde out before bed, it had started flurrying. We listened to the wind hitting the side of the house all night and by morning, the ground was covered with a light blanket of snow. It remained cold and super windy all day yesterday so the melting was slow going, but I'm sure by the end of today, it should all be gone. It should be hitting the upper 50s tomorrow so that'll be nice, but it's supposed to drop back into the 30s for the weekend.

Karren called me yesterday since she had to run into Pembroke for a few errands and asked if I wanted to join her. I said sure - just for a chance to have some company for a little bit and to get out of the house. It was nice to talk to someone other than the animals! She's a nurse at the hospital in Pembroke and usually works nights so she's sometimes free during the day which can give us a chance to get together.

Our wine is continuing to bubble and is clearing up more and more each day. I'm really curious to see how it's going to turn out and it's hard being patient as it sits out in view each day. We need to get another bubbler by the weekend so we can transfer the grape wine and start that bubbling. I saw some big empty water jugs at one of the hardware stores yesterday so we might have to go back and pick one or two up if we decide to have more batches going at the same time.

No comments: